TTG Home Barbara Home Diary Home 11 February 2002 Diary Page

Barbara Fritchman Thompson
Email Barbara

Barbara Fritchman Thompson Diary

Week of 11 February 2002

Latest Update: Saturday, 26 April 2003 08:54

Search Site [tips]

Monday, 11 February 2002

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

Restful afternoon. I was pretty tired yesterday so after the morning house cleaning chores I took the remainder of the afternoon off. I did vacuum out Theodore for Bob so he could add a second hard drive. I need to mention here that in the course of Bob trying to find the hard drive he accidentally cleaned up his office a little.  Accidents do happen!

Anyway, I grabbed a stack of reading material and sat down at 2:00 to watch the Bud Shootout than switched over to the Olympics at 3. I sort of watched the Olympics and napped a little off and on for about an hour or so. Leftovers for dinner last night.

I did finish reading the Jill Churchill mystery between dinner and time to watch the Agility Trial on Animal Planet at 8 than watched more of the Olympics until a little after eleven.

Off to the gym this morning for Body Pump class. I have some work to do this afternoon.

Bob bought me a new right angle finder for the 10" telescope. Hopefully we will get clear weather this week and have a chance to try it out.


Tuesday, 12 February 2002

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

Double gym class. Yesterday morning after I finished Body Pump the instructor, who also teaches spinning, asked me if I wanted to stick around to do a spinning workout with her. She was trying out a new tape and wanted someone to spin with her. So one other guy and I stayed to spin with her. It was not really too bad but I did make sure I paced myself. After a quick stop at the bank I got back home just before noon.

I fixed a salad for lunch than got to work at my desk. Bob said the dentist called while I was gone yesterday to remind me of my appointment for today. With my Palm I never forget to put down appointments or fail to put the appointment card in the little holder on my desk. Not sure what happened but at any rate I am glad they called because I did not have it recorded.

We had leftover grilled ribs and chicken for dinner with broccoli. After dinner I worked on my puzzle for a little until time for the Olympics to start.

This morning I am off to the dentist and then to run some errands. I am meeting Betsy for lunch at one. We made it late because I would normally be going out to SciWorks to work but will not try to go since I have the dentist appointment.

Back home and work this afternoon.




Wednesday, 13 February 2002

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

I survived my dentist visit. Actually I am probably one of the few people in the world who really do not mind going to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I have a great dentist and a very gentle hygienist. My old dentist had these horrid hygienists that left my teeth and mouth feeling like a bulldozer had been riding around in my mouth. I used to have to take Ibuprofen when I got home and could not eat anything real solid the first meal or two. 

However, Dr. Miller has decided it is time to replace one of these old fillings in my mouth because it is cracked. I am going back next Tuesday to have that done. Again, he is much like the hygienist, very gentle with both the needles for numbing and the work he does. I would much rather have the filling replaced than have the tooth crack and lose it or have to undergo a root canal. 

After running a couple of errands I stopped in at the library to wait for Betsy to get off for lunch. We went to the Mexican place just across the street. 

It was almost two by the time I got home. I played with the dogs outside for a little before getting some work done at the computer, checking e-mails, and reading web sites until time to fix dinner. We had Easy Shepard's Pie. After dinner I worked on my puzzle a little until time to watch the Olympics and work on a pile of magazines on my side table.

Off to play golf this morning. It is to be cool but nice. 


Thursday, 14 February 2002

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. Once again Bob has outdone himself in the romantic gift department. I have a new right angle finder for the 10" telescope. Okay, all you readers out there, top that one!  I am hoping to get to try it out this weekend up at Bullington.

Busy day today. This morning I am off to the gym and grocery store. Later this afternoon I have Friends of the Library meeting at 4:30. After the meeting I will swing by and pick up Bob for dinner at the little Cafe.

I started another Jill Churchill mystery last night, Mulch Ado About Nothing. I also sat up until after eleven watching the Olympics. Otherwise, not much on the news front.



Friday, 15 February 2002

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

Not really too much going on around here to talk about. I sat up late again last night to watch the Olympics and finish reading the Jill Churchill mystery. 

This morning I am off to SciWorks for a few hours. I missed last Friday and this past Tuesday. 

I am down to about fifty to seventy-five pieces of my puzzle that are proving to be a challenge to. I haven't really spent much time on it this week with the Olympics going on. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend whatever you have planned to do.


Saturday, 16 February 2002

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

I worked about 3 1/2 hours at SciWorks getting back home about 1:00. I munched on a snack lunch while I checked my e-mails and worked on some paperwork and stuff for the Friends.

We had an early dinner of ham and macaroni and cheese so I could go to the 5:30 buns & thighs class at the gym. 

Then spent the evening reading and watching the Olympics. Somehow or another I missed the fact that Peter Jenkins had a new book out, Looking for Alaska. For those of you who have not read Jenkins I highly recommend his very first work, A Walk Across America which he took with his dog Cooper, a half Alaskan Malamute. Other favorites include The Walk West, The Road Unseen, and Close Friends. Jenkins is one of my favorite travel writers. Unfortunately, in my mind, he and William Heat Moon write similar in style and subject and I often get the two confused when I am thinking about their books.

Too many late nights staying up to watch the Olympics finally caught up with me. Tonight I could hardly stay awake past 9 o'clock so we gave the guys their last time out at regular time and I was off to bed early.

This morning I am driving over to Lexington to the bridal shop to get my dress for France's wedding fitted and to pick out my shoes that need to be dyed to match the dress. I have a 10 am appointment with the alterations lady. I imagine it will take a couple of hours by the time I drive over, get fitted, and get back.



Sunday, 17 February 2002

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

Well, the dress fitting was pretty painless. I arrived at the shop a little after 9:30. After getting my shoes picked out I was lead upstairs to have the alterations lady see the dress. Since I would not ever wear the dress without the jacket because it is just a plain sleeveless shift, we decided the only thing that needed done was to hem the sleeves of the jacket. 

I left Lexington at 10:30 with the dress in hand. I will have to go back and pick up the jacket and the shoes that will be died to match the dress next month. I called my parents to make sure they were home and told them I would stop by on the way back home to drop off the dress for Frances to have for matching flower colors. I ended up staying for lunch and having a short visit with them before coming back home.

I took a short nap yesterday afternoon so I would not be so tired for the evening observation session. Bob wanted to wash the scope mirror and needed my help so I was only able to get a short nap in before going downstairs to help him. 

We ate an early dinner and took off for Bullington around six. Although early in the evening we had off and on cloudy skies we were still able to do a lot of observing. Jeff Poplin was there with his new 20" Obsession Telescope. Very nice scope. Looking at the Orion Nebula through that scope was awesome to say the least. We viewed a lot of planets and deep sky stuff through his scope but I also found some deep sky objects of my own in our 10". I bagged a couple of hard to find ones like M78 and a few easy NGC's and M37. Last night was the first time I had seen M37 now having added it to one of my favorite clusters to view.

I also got to try out my new eyepiece Bob got me for Christmas and my right angle finder. Both were super additions to our viewing. The skies cleared up really well about the time we decided to leave but we still got a lot of good views earlier of Saturn and Jupiter with the moons all lined up. 

We starting packing up around 10:30 and left shortly thereafter to come home. By the time we played with the dogs and gave them a last time out it was midnight before getting to bed.

This morning we tidy and clean house. This afternoon the Winston Cup Season kicks off with the Daytona 500. Cornish hens for dinner and watch the Olympics and The Practice tonight.




Copyright 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 by Barbara Fritchman Thompson. All Rights Reserved.