Home Diary Home Week of 29 November 2010

Photograph of Barbara Fritchman Thompson
Email Me
Barbara Fritchman Thompson Diary

Week of 29 November 2010

Latest Update: Sunday, 5 December 2010 2:50 p.m.

Monday, 29 November 2010

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

We had a great time last week. The Thanksgiving Day trip up to the mountains was a lot of fun. Good Thanksgiving dinner. It was a very nice day, warm and clear. Al drove the bus and a friend of Frances' went along with us. I spent the night at Frances and Al's since we had to get up so early Friday morning. Al was also driving this trip to Louisville, KY. We left our pick up spot in Winston at 7 but the breakfast stop was also in Winston at the K & W north of town where the Wal-Mart is.

We arrived in Louisville around 5:30. It was pouring rain when we left Winston and for about half the way up. By the time we were in Kentucky it has cleared but turned cold. They had snow on the ground. Friday night when we arrived we had a Christmas dinner show. Saturday morning we toured the Louisville Slugger baseball factory and museum where they make the baseball bats. Very interesting tour. Back to the hotel we had lunch then went to a very good hour long movie on the history of Kentucky then to a Christmas light show. Saturday night we took the bus to a dinner theater for a great Christmas play.

Sunday we headed back home. About two hours from home we hit bumper to bumper traffic. Instead of getting back to Winston at 6pm, we got back at 7:30. I got home at 8 after dropping off mom and dad.

This morning I had a 10am appointment. Instead of going in and then leaving I got up, unpacked and put away everything, checked my mail, etc. until time to leave. It was almost noon by the time I got to work. From the time I arrived until I finally left at 5:15 it was a zoo. I needed about three of me today to get all the stuff done I was being asked to do.

I stopped on the way home and picked up my Christmas tree. It is now standing in the living room to wait until this weekend to get decorated.

While I was on my trip I read the second book in Diana Killian's yoga series, Dial Om For Murder. Last night I started another book by Margaret Maron, Sand Sharks.

Malcolm came down with a severe case of the squirts on Sunday morning. Bob went out to sleep on the foyer floor to let him out last night. Never an accident in the house. He would take of at a fast trot to the door to be let out. I heard him once and got up with but Bob did it most all night. He was a little better today but not completely recovered.


Tuesday, 30 November 2010

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

Bob gave me an early birthday present Sunday night when I got home, a Roku XD|S box. He ordered some programs he thought I might like to watch plus some for himself. We watched the first episode of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell on Sunday night then the other three last night. He watched some of his programs to make sure it worked. It's a really neat gift, one I will really enjoy, since a lot of stuff we like to watch is only available streaming.

Warm and rainy today. I went to the Y after another fairly hectic day at work.

Monday I had my first appointment with the chiropractor that Frances and Al go to. The prednisone lasted about four weeks before my previous symptoms started gradually coming back.

Malcolm is still having some potty problems. He is acting his usual self so I am not too concerned but he left a message to have our vet give him a call tomorrow.


Wednesday, 1 December 2010

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

This morning when I left for work the garage door went up but would not go back down. I pulled up the drive, parked in front of the walkway, and went in to get a new battery for my controller. Bob called me later in the morning to let me know when he went down to close the door it made a buzzing noise and stayed up. He called Carolina Garage Door. They said they would have someone out later today to fix it. I think we had these doors put in around 1990.

Another very busy day at work. If this keeps up I will be even better at doing six things at one time then I was. I left at 4 for my chiropracter appointment then went to pick up mom and dad. We went to Frances and Al's to celebrate my birthday since Frances has to work tomorrow night. She picked up stromboli's from Elizabeths and Al picked up the cake from Lowe's.

My gifts included some new Christmas decorations, a new sweater vest, and some cute lights for my village scene. While we were shopping at the craft fair in the hotel in Louisville, KY I found a really neat wool cap with a cotton lining to wear walking back and forth from the parking deck to the building. Frances bought that for me for my birthday but waited to give it to me tonight.

I made a quick grocery store stop on the way home. Bob met me when I pulled in the drive to open the garage door since it had a new motor and opener.

We had a heck of a storm roll through last night and early this morning dumping a good 2.6 inches of rain. Malcolm seems to be over his potty problems.


Thursday, 2 December 2010

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

Happy Birthday to me. It was another busy day at work. Three of my group took me out to lunch. By late this afternoon I was so tired I called Bob to see if he minded putting a Stoffer casserole in the oven instead of going out. I have been on the run all week and felt like spending the evening at home vegging and watching a show on my new Roku box. We are watching McLeod's Daughter's set in Australia.


Friday 3 December 2010

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]


Saturday, 4 December 2010

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

I took dad to his golf association Christmas party last night. Mom and Frances went to dinner and to do some shopping. When I got home, around 10pm Bob had put my lighted penquin for outside on the porch. Last year I put him out in the front yard. He looks cute leaning up against the wall under the mailbox.

The trees are decorated in both the living room and den. Snow started falling around noon. The orginal forecast was for rain mixed with snow and very little in precipitation. We've had enough to cover the grass, trees, and desk but the street and sidewalks are too warm. Temperatures today are not making it much above freezing  and tonight is to go down to 27 with more snow showers.


Sunday, 5 December 2010

[Last Week] [Monday] [Tuesday] [Wednesday] [Thursday] [Friday] [Saturday] [Sunday] [Next Week]

First thing this morning I caught up on my ironing then I cleaned the bathrooms and ran the vacuum to get up two weeks worth of dog hair and leaves. Bob and I left around 11 to make Costco run.

I've put up my Christmas village and am almost finished with the rest of the decorations. I still need to haul the boxes back down to the basement. We watched the last episodes of season three of Grey's Anatomy last night. I think tonight it will be more McLeod's Daughters.

The sun has melted all the snow but it was really pretty last night when we walked Malcolm for last time at 10:30. Today the high is to be 37, which is not bad, if we did not have 20 mph winds.


Copyright 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 by Barbara Fritchman Thompson. All Rights Reserved.